The Life of Purpose Part 5
No. 3. Live with Purpose.
This is the doing.
- Fellowship is expressed in your commitment to the body of Christ. Being a Christian does stop with you believing in Jesus, it includes you belonging to the family that He is giving to you. We were created for relationships with one another. Fulfilling the purpose of fellowship is accomplished when you make the commitment to be a part of the local family of God, the church. It's you making church attendance and participation a family priority, knowing that the time spent with believers builds you up, prepares you for the week ahead, and provide you with the opportunity to celebrate God with other believers. When it comes to Sunday mornings, you should be making every effort to get here. Every Sunday should be like a family reunion! Not the one where uncle Bobby and uncle John fight over some stupid misunderstanding that happened 20 years ago. But the family reunion where you are excited to see the ones you love most and miss being with.
And it goes beyond just Sunday worship, but you should be looking to connect with the body in as many opportunities as possible. Through small groups, Bible studies, dinner parties, student events, children's ministry; if the church is gathering, you should be gathering to! Why? Because that's what Christ died for, His Church. Eph. 5:23.
- Discipleship is your journey to know and reflect the character and life of Jesus Christ. This is your commitment to grow in Christ, to become the mature follower. It's developing the spiritual H.A.B.I.T.S. that cultivate a heart that grows.
- Ministry is your service to the body of believers. What's your S.H.A.P.E.? No, not your physical shape, your God S.H.A.P.E.? How has God shaped you for ministry?
- Mission is you loving those outside the body by sharing Jesus with them. It’s engage the people around you, sharing your story with them, telling them what God has done and is continuing to do in your life. It’s living what you believe in away that makes it real. It’s more than just inviting them to church, it’s you speaking the Gospel message into their life.
- Your worship is expressed when you live all of these purposes. What does it look like for us to love God with our heart, mind, and soul? How do you make something like love tangible and real? Much less making it real towards a God you can’t see or touch? Well the best way to love God, is to live your life for God. Give God the priority in your life. Live each purpose out in your daily living. Be in community with one another. Be actively growing in your faith. Look for your place to serve and care for others. And GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS.
Leave a Reply.
Thanks for taking the time to read The Higham Family Blog. Each week we try to share new content about something we are learning, something we love, or something to offer encouragement to the family. We love to hear from our readers, so please share your thought in the comment section of each post.